July 11, 2013

Now...


For the past days I've been organizing and doing a lot of cleaning up. Sorting out some of my forgotten boxes that holds a lot of memories. My favorite box are the boxes of our photo album - my family photos, from babyhood to high school, my college photos, our wedding photos and more recent photos  as a family of three. I know! it's like looking at my entire life in.a.box!! And there I was flopped on the floor feeling nostalgic about my life. I remember back in college I used to daydream about having a family of my own. On what it's like to be a mom and wife. To have my own house, to have my own life. I remember praying for a husband and for little babies years before. I remember our first apartment right after getting married and thinking this home is my new corner in the world. My new beginning. Most people as they grow old are desperate for the next thing, ready to move on. Me, I am a little slow when it comes to that. I am a little slow for letting go of now and sometimes my past. I know, It's not very positive of me. I am not not who I was at 21. Of course. I am not who I was 6 months ago. I am different now. So so different. Yet still so much the same. 

But I need to let go my past. Especially the painful ones. It was a long time ago, though I won't forget the pain...it will ease in time. To not dwell in the past means holding on to now. And now, I am a mother to this sweet soul I prayed a long time ago. Thinking about the future hurts just as the way we dwell on our past. Thinking about the future means growing up for my little boy and for a moment, my heart ached a bit... ached for how time goes... You  know, thinking how soon it will take that Yllac is off to college and marry the girl of his dreams and raise little babies of his own. The future gives, it also takes. 

Right now, I am learning the balance on grasping now and letting it go slowly. To enjoy what I am being given now, to celebrate each change of season and being okay to moving on to the next phase of life. Change is good. It means fresh start. 

So...yah know what I mean?

Anywhooo, let me share to you what's now on us here...

IMG_20130708_050443
Untitled-5
Untitled-3
Untitled-4
Untitled-6


Now that my toddler is all legs and arms, I am enjoying this by making him wear the cutest little skinny jeans I've been keeping for him since he was a baby. I mean, skinny jeans are so stinking cute on little people.


IMG_20130709_062358
Untitled-1
Untitled-2
Untitled-7


Now that Yllac is a full grown toddler I don't have to break my hips carrying him when he's tired or just not in the mood for walking. He's more patient now and such a doll to take him shopping. This week I bought him his bubble refill. In toddler world, bubbles is a necessity next to food, milk, elmo and mickey mouse. Take my word for it. Yllac is crazy for bubbles , so crazy that he's ready to check-in to a bubble rehab any day now.

So tell me, when you eat your ice cream with spoon and fork, maybe it gives a whole new level of taste and uhm...class? 

Next week, ice cream and chopstick. We'll see.

Happy Thursday folks. Hope you're all having a great day.

Yllac's shirt and skinny jeans: Sm Kids Fashion (c/o)

2 comments:

Bubby's Mummy said...

You've been quiet for a while. I hope all's well with you and Yllac.

Anonymous said...

oh! nalungkot din ako!
thinking how fast they grow makes my heart break... parang anytime soon magkaka girlfriend na sila! Hahaha! OA... pero true un...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...