February 13, 2013

Today Is Pre Valentines Day

Pre Valentines Day 2013


I loooooove valentines day. Oh, I cannot believe I just said that!!! Because 4 years ago, I hate it. Not because I wasn't in-love or anything, but I just thought that it's too much. It's too much! It's not even a real holiday. I don't know what happened to me but I fell in love with it so damn hard the last two years or so. I have come to love the overrated-ness of it. Yes, the flowers are ridiculously extra expensive on Valentines week. Everywhere you go, you see cut out hearts. Lovers eat out and seems okay to wait in long lines in every restaurant. Suffering is a key ingredient for love if you don't know that. And the ladies, oh the ladies, they aren't shy to parade their bouquet of flowers and their life-size teddy bears. Obviously, the world is crazy for love.


Pre Valentines Day 2013
Pre Valentines Day 2013
Pre Valentines Day 2013
Pre Valentines Day 2013
Pre Valentines Day 2013
DSC_2432
Pre Valentines Day 2013


So today, my boys woke up as early as the worms (left me drooling on my pillow, i love my life) and went to town. They got me one huge rose, one cheese muffin for us to share, one super large glass of ice-cold latte and one mini caramel cake, in a shape of a heart of course. They went home to me and screamed  "Happy Valentines Day Mommy!!!" (as of now, I am deaf) and Jayson shockingly told me the price of a dozen roses today and that's why he only got me one. ONE! That woke me up. What??? You bought me ONE dozen roses? We cannot possibly eat the roses! Roses can't pay the bills! He knows I am not yet fully awake so he gave me my one piece of rose and kissed me. Well, that shut me up that calmed me down. I took a sip of my latte and thanked God for giving a husband who thinks exactly like me. I love flowers. But not on Valentines day. na-ah! And you know what I mean right? I know, marriage ruins some of the romance and craziness in a relationship. If you're a married woman and reading this, you know I am right. Right? Romance is totally overrated. But loooooove and thoughtfulness is na-ah-not. c",) heehee. 

Pre Valentines Day 2013

So here I am with my loves. We are celebrating in our bed and teaching Yllac what Valentines day really mean. Well, I am not sure if he understood us, but basically, we told him, - it is the day when you give Mommy and Daddy extra hugs and kisses. Yup! I think he got it. So in celebration, we ate our cakes, we drew some hearts and finally watched The Amazing Spider-man (seriously, I love that Spider man, he's like Dora The explorer with his backpack. So cute!) Tomorrow, on Valentines day, we will go out and watch people celebrate it in their own crazy way. I can tell, it's gonna be fun! And I hope you're gonna have fun too. Happy Valentines Day to all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...