December 8, 2014

MIA Park Weekend Bazaar (In Pictures)...


SAM_3074
SAM_3072
SAM_3067
SAM_3023
SAM_3016-Edit
SAM_3020
SAM_3036
SAM_3012
SAM_3066


Hi folks! Our weekend was kind of awesome. The best! No, I mean, amazing!

The best,.. no no, the very very best time of the year has arrived here in the driest part of the world. When winter season comes, everybody is in the best of festive moods. There is no winter blues here. I think people are more happy and excited to get out and do more activities outside on winter months. Personally I felt the blues back in summer, when we couldn't go out at all because of the heat.

So anyyyyyway...let me show you some photos from our weekend. The Museum of Islamic Arts park holds a lot of activities every winter season from bazaars (like this one), to concerts and all kinds of festivals almost every weekend. Last weekend, the bazaar participants sold some clothes, accessories, arts, crafts and decor. All handmade. It was a feast for the eye.

I took a lot of pictures from the 150 participating local sellers. So if you'd like to see more photos, just click after the jump.

SAM_3063

colorful tutus for tiny people

SAM_3065

jewelry organizer

SAM_3062
SAM_3064

some handmade greeting cards

SAM_3061

a matching mother and daughter cute apron

SAM_3060

handmade flowers displays

SAM_3059

i want one please!

SAM_3058

these dolls..

SAM_3056
SAM_3053
SAM_3051
SAM_3048
SAM_3054
SAM_3047
SAM_3046
SAM_3045
SAM_3041
SAM_3035
SAM_3032
SAM_3029
SAM_3028

Ill admit, I usually am not on my best shopping mode on bazaars like this. Am a tell yah, be very careful around those pretty things, cos one touch of a finger and you're over and done my friend. Next thing you know, you have three or four economy size bags on both your arms thinking how the heck things happen so fast. So, for me, I always go just for the thrill of seeing things I don't normally see everyday. How tough am I? But I couldn't resist those books. The lady was kind enough to sell each of her book for 5qr riyals. I mean, BOOKS! I ended up buying two books. One by Sue Grafton - it actually is 3 alphabet novel of Sue (G is for Gumshoe, H is for Homicide, and I is for Innocent) and the other one is a debut novel of Janis Hallowell (The Annunciation of Francesca Dunn). Four novels for 10 riyals???? Pinch me! After years of reading from a Kindle, its nice to be able to touch and flip the actual page of a book. And the smell, oh that smell...

Thanks for reading here. 

I wish you had a great weekend too!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...