August 9, 2013

ShooShooShooShopping...


PhotoGrid_1372143145522PhotoGrid_1372143176537
 
I hate my foot right now. Before my pregnancy I was a 7. And then you know how pregnancy works and how it affects your whole body. My nose got bigger, my hands fatter, my rolls multiplied and my foot got wider. On my last month of pregnancy I was a 9. NINE!!! Making a human being is hard. You have no control over your nose, or your hair falling off, your gas and your foot. Then, two and a half years ago my oven  popped out a beautiful human being. You can almost stick your fork to him and say, He is well done. I am proud of what my body has just created. Slowly my nose, hands, arms and legs stopped getting bigger. My rolls stayed with me. Not complaining, my son loves them. And my foot, oh.my.foot...thank God that after all the bloat have subsided I stayed 8 for two years. And I was excited though. It gave me an excuse to shop for new shoes. And shop I did. Well, you know that....
 
About 6 months ago I noticed how slowly my foot were shrinking. My boots started to get lose and once, I slipped out of my heels while walking. I had to spread out all my toes just to get a grip on my shoes and continue walking.  Man, are you kidding me??? My foot were shrinking.  After much deliberation (wow! strong words for a foot size problem) I sold some of my shoes. Some boots had to stay because I love love love them. After all there's nothing a double socks and foot pads can't fix.
 
Of course when you're in the middle of a shrinking foot drama, shoes is gonna be the last thing on your mind. Or at least I tried to push some shoe thoughts way way way back on my mind. Today I measure 23.3cm.  That's barely 7.5. Well, I am fine with it. Since I am feeling confident about my new shoe size, I finally did some shoe shopping. This is the first time this year that I am shopping for shoes and it's August. Seriously, I am really excited for these shoes. Can you tell????
 
So tell me, my fellow moms, what's up with your foot right now?

4 comments:

Bubby's Mummy said...

Mine swelled up towards the end of my two pregnancies but I still managed to squeeze into most of my shoes. I'm back to my normal size 6.

hazel said...

the good thing about having big shoe size is that when sale season comes, marami stocks for that ;) trying to see the flip side here ;)

Unknown said...

Yey! Finally kapag size 7 ka na, may kasya na sakin!:)

Kate said...

LOVE those red booties! I want them. Scratch that, I need them!

Kate from Clear the Way

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...