April 13, 2013

Spicy Paella Fried Rice

Spicy Paella Rice


I am not much of a cook. But I love recipe books. So now I can cook and make a decent food for my family six days a week. But still that doesn't make me much of a cook. But you know what?.....I am slowly falling in love with cooking. Before - and when I say before, i meant a year ago - cooking gives me so much stress. And that's when i stopped thinking about what to cook for the next meal and then the next day and just rely solely on local cookbooks. I just close my eyes, flip the page randomly six times and BAM, they are gonna be our food for the next six days. I make a list of all the ingredients and run to the grocery store. Basically that's the story of our family meal. Simple and easy. Thanks to cookbooks. 

I love you cookbooks, because you make me look like a good wife and mama...

Spicy Paella Rice
Spicy Paella Rice
Spicy Paella Rice
Spicy Paella Rice


Gotta admit, making dinner sounds the last thing i wanna do especially when am exhausted but watching my family eat whatever I made that night does something to my heart. But this spicy paella rice didn't get to Yllac's mouth. But according to Jayson - my one and only food critique, it is very good.

So, a few days ago I made a Spicy Paella Fried Rice. And here's the recipe:

1 and 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup sliced onions
1 teaspoon paprika 
1 piece chorizo, sliced (i don't have chorizo so i used tuna from a can)
1 bundle of asparagus (i don't have asparagus so I used baby corn)
1/2 medium head cauliflower, sliced
1 medium head broccoli, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
4 cups cooked rice

1. Saute garlic in olive oil. Add sliced onions and cook until translucent.
2. Mix in paprika and cook until aromatic. Add slices of chorizo, continue cooking until fat is rendered.
3. Mix in  cooked rice and toss well until coated with paprika mixture. (paprika is very spicy btw)
4. add vegetables and mix well. Anyway, we find this recipe a bit dry so I added a cup of diced whole peeled tomato. Yummier I say.

By the way, you can get this recipe from YUMMY, Best Rice Recipes.

Spicy Paella Rice

Yum! Try it. Happy cooking ladies. 

ps, 
the best cheap iced coffee you'll ever have - perfect for summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi denise! I love seeing where your blog is going now, to see a bit of your family lifestyle. When you first started your blog back in like, what was it 2008 it was completely different. If I was to see your old post compared to your current ones I wouldn't think it was the same blog, what made you shift into a mom blog?

xo,
lovemegan

Roxanne said...

looks really yummy Miss Den, am not much of a cook either, so few years from now I can also see myself flipping the pages of cookbook for the "lucky" guy haha :D

Dressing Up For Me said...

Try mo lagyan ng konting meat broth Denise, you can use chicken or beef para hindi mag-dry. In the original paella recipe in here they usually use raw rice tapos nilalagyan ng broth could be seafood/fish or coming from meat/ chicken depending on the paella that you´re cooking. Tapos kung dry pa rin or hilaw ang rice, they add water. ;)

By the way, your fried rice a la paella looks so yummy! :)

Apple said...

i love cooking, pero yung mga easy lang ha. paella for me looks hard yo prepare but you make it look easier so i love to try this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...