November 26, 2010

Thankful


36th

Id like to think that am a person that takes a pause from time to time, look back and see how am I as an individual. Am pretty self centered - I can only compete with myself. If nothing goes wrong I hope that every new day is gonna be better than my yesterday. In every losing and winning moment of my life I will always be grateful. 

I guess in this life no one is considered happy unless you make it as your sole interest in life, that is a decision to be happy. No matter what. When you're a happy person, you'll always be grateful, and it's not hard for other people to be infected, but be thankful too. 

Am thankful for our lives. Am thankful for my marriage. Am thankful for my family and friends. Am thankful for this blog - for every friendship and opportunity it created for the past year. And right now on top of my head, am thankful for this pregnancy. Honestly this isn't an easy one. I never had any idea what pregnancy feels like actually. All i know/read are the ooohhhhs and aaahhhhs and romance about carrying a child. It never crossed my mind that this pregnancy will make me vomit all day long. That I won't be able to eat for four months. That I will be dehydrated and needed to be hospitalized. That I will throw up at the corner of a beautiful garden of Hong Kong Disneyland. That my hips will hurt (since my 8th week). That I will be tired all day long. That I will be moody. That (right now) I'll have sore hands and feet that hurts like arthritis. That I will feel dizzy. That carrying an additional 25 pounds is not an easy lift.....

But this is what I know. Pregnancy isn't always pretty, but it's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

I never knew about all of them until now. And am thankful I got to experience all that and cherish every one of them as a pregnancy badge Ill carry with me, for this is gonna be my only pregnancy in life.

Five years ago we wanted a big family. Now we're down to one. It's a decision we both made and we're happy about that. We've created a beautiful life that loves us back already no matter what. 

We have a beautiful, simple life. I am grateful for all the blessings even unasked for. I love my husband and he loves me back. We have a handsome dog so adorable we just can't imagine our life without him. 

Everything is good. Even if times are tough Ill continue to say that life is good. As long as we're healthy and still thrilled to live this life, I say life is good. And am forever grateful.

Since we don't have turkey here, am happy for the bucket of chicken we'll be eating whole day. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  

9 comments:

rowena purol said...

try nyo pa ulit. nde naman yata palaging ganyan kahirap ang pagbubuntis.

Unknown said...

Denise! You're gorgeous, beautiful and out. Your humble post confirms it.

Aileen Kim said...

i agree...pregnancy isn't all that bed of roses but it is indeed the sweetest, most "surreal" experience...and is and would always be worth all that pain. You are such an admirable mom-to-be! Cheers to you!

Smarla said...

I haven't experienced pregnancy yet but it's so inspiring to hear a mom who's going through so many difficulties in pregnancy yet finds beauty in all of it. :)

your baby is lucky to have you as a mom. :)

WANDER SHUGAH said...

PREGNANCY would be the greatest experience a woman can have.. carrying an angel for nine months inside your tummy is all worth it.

KD said...

oh the shadow shot! loving it!x

Kookie B. said...

Super beautiful shot!!!

bibishelter said...

I wish you to have a healthy baby boy or girl and a happy life,you look very pretty and I like visiting your blog.Much love and take care.Bisous
b-in-to.blogspot.com

Mads said...

Denise super nice ung shot!!! ang ganda mo magbuntis naman super blooming.. your smile plus the baby bump make a great combo pala.. how many weeks are you na? Wishing you a safe delivery!! Take lots of rest kasi puyatan sessions na after nyan..=)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...